23 June 2006

Sickly Amount of Beef


I was going to title this post "Gooey Blood," but that was even too gross for me.

In-N-Out Burgers are some of the finest "fast food" in the country. But, this guy takes his lust for "animal style" just a little too far.

Earlier this year, 20-year-old Anaheim resident Merwin Barrientos ate a 26x26 at In-N-Out Burger: 26 hamburger patties glued together with 26 slices of American cheese.
Their regular menu calls for a "double-double," two beef patties with two slices of cheese on a burger. In what might be considered one of the world's worst secrets, In-N-Out is well known to have a secret menu, and they will gladly make a burger of any size combination of meat patties and cheese slices.

I tried to figure why anyone would even think about doing this kind of disservice to their bowels, when I came across this line in the article:
Nevertheless, he doesn’t plan on joining the competitive-eating circuit: he’s just a Cal Poly Pomona computer science major who really, really likes to eat. “I’m sure I’ll try something else soon,” he says. “I hear there’s a 96-ounce steak in Texas . . . ”
Ahhh....a computer science major. That does explain a LOT. It's kind of hard to believe that computer science majors have a reputation of having difficulty getting dates on Friday nights.

It sounds like he has his eyes set on the Big Texan Steak House in Amarillo, TX. If I were them, I would get ready to give up a free steak soon!

No comments: