16 December 2005

Billy Joel at the Carrier Dome

Lucky is me.

Billy Joel has announced a spring tour, and as luck would have it, I will be in Syracuse for work the same time that he is playing the Carrier Dome. The full list of tour dates, as of today, are as follows:



It seems as though dates are being announced in dribs and drabs.

The great thing about the Syracuse show is that tickets are discounted:

Pop music icon Billy Joel is slated to perform at the Carrier Dome on March 25, 2006 at 8 p.m. The concert is part of the popular singer’s first solo major concert tour in nearly seven years and is one of the milestone events celebrating the Carrier Dome’s 25th anniversary...Tickets will go on sale Dec. 10 at 10 a.m. for only $39.50 each, the same price tickets cost in 1998 when Billy Joel last played the Dome solo.
I managed to log on this past Saturday morning and nab four tickets -- in pretty good seats:
Tickets are already selling on the secondary market in the same section for almost $200! I guess that I will have no trouble finding three other counselors who will want to see Billy Joel with me after the Rochester NACAC fair that day.

We will just add this to the list of holiday gifts that I have purchased for myself while I should have been shopping for others. My roommate wanted to know what to get me for the holidays. Maybe I will suggest this to get me in the mood.

No comments: